Gog.com: Good Old Games

If you're a gamer into classics like Baldur's Gate and the Fallout series', Gog.com is for you. The site doesn't just deliver affordable nostalgia, it also uses a digitally distrubuted platform.

I only recently found about about Gog while trying to relive my childhood playing through some of the classics of my time. I'm surprised that it isn't a little more well known, but perhaps I'm just ignorant.

I actually still have my old boxed copies of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games, but I was searching for the easiest way to play it co-op with a friend when I found the site. Tada, instant classics! I can't recommend the site enough because I'm so impressed that it offers some of the best RPGs ever made, and digitally - something that other legal outlets have been lacking. I don't think I could ever pirate anything in the Baldur's Gate series, that would feel way too wrong.

If you're a player of Mass Effect or Dragon Age and you're yearning for some great RPG gameplay and a rich storyline, I would urge you to play any of the Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale series'. You won't regret it.

I was actually reminded of some of the music in these games when I was looking at who was going to be composing the music for Guild Wars 2 (which looks pretty good, I'll have to post about it when I get time today or tomorrow). It's the same guy who composed the music for Icewind Dale and Oblivion. Awesome music:


Also I'm still really sad that I lost my post about Borderlands in the Blogger outage the other day, are they restoring all the posts? :(

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    oh man i played through borderlands 3 times right now... i think its one of the best games ever: shooter+rpg best combination

  1. CPH said...:

    I love GoG for this purpose! I got BG2 from it recently

  1. rea0503 said...:

    I've been wanting to find a reason to try the classics since I didn't really start playing western RPGs until a few years ago (and the newer ones at that, now i'm hooked), maybe you just gave me a reason to try them out

  1. Gaston said...:

    that's a really cool post. i'm going to GoG right now "D

  1. Palkom said...:

    ICE WIND DALE!!!! NOSTALGIA!!!!

  1. Anonymous said...:

    Icewind Dale - awesome game.

Post a Comment

 
Play True © 2010 | Designed by Trucks, in collaboration with MW3, Broadway Tickets, and Distubed Tour